bomix® - History

Company history

Originally from Belgium, the company founder, Louis Daubois, immigrated to Canada in 1951, where he worked as a butcher before founding a company that sold stucco.

 
Daubois inc. was founded in 1960 and distributed white cement and coloured aggregates from its office on L’Assomption Boulevard in Montreal. By the middle of the 1970s, the company established its bomix® trademark and began producing and bagging premixed cement-based products as well as distributing sand for smelting, sandblasting and pool filtration.  
   
In 1985, the company moved its installations to a much more sophisticated plant located in Montreal and was thus able to quadruple its storage capacity, progressively providing a wider array of products of increasing complexity.
   
In 2002, in order to provide better service to our Ontario-based customers, Daubois opened a new office on Caledonia Road in Toronto and proceeded with the acquisition of production installations and a fleet of trucks.